Wednesday, May 21, 2008

a letter to a friend

Hi there kerr bear,
first of all I am genki (that means I'm fine) I'm living in a tiny space with Makoto and all my stuff is still in boxes and hidden away in places I can't find. We are hoping to move into a house that we found (it comes with a piano!) but the one big downfall is a little thing called "key money" that the Japanese dreamed up to make people go completely broke when moving into new digs. Key money is like a 1.5 month deposit that you never ever get back and it's usually accompanied by a 2 months deposit as well (which you do get back but still, your checking account is pretty slammed when you take out all that money at once)

I'm working now as a preschool teacher at *********** (which is approximately a 15 minute bike ride from my old apartment, and a 1 hour commute from where I live now...) My kids are 4 and 5 and way too smart for their own good.. cheeky brats. 7 of the kids are Japanese and 1 girl is Australian.. my heart goes out to her because the other kids arent the nicest to her.. but she's a survivor

Music is going really well. The band sounds better and better and Lindsay and I are recording our debut album at the moment. We have an indie label called Contrarede putting out our cd but we have yet to sign any contract and the album is almost finished.. we'll see how that goes! Makoto and his band want to come to the US in August but they really want to see the great midwest. I've been there, done that, and I really want to see my family and friends so get ready! I sent in an audition demo to play the Fuji Rock festival (on a tiny stage of course) so I'm waiting to hear if we got in. If we do, I'll be heading home after the festival. If not, I'll be heading home by mid July until mid August. It's not enough time but I'll take what I can get.

I took a yoga class on Sunday and I'm still feeling it today (Wednesday) so I think I'm going to keep going. I need to get in shape if I want to be a rockstar right.
I miss you like crazy kiddo. I hope you find a good job and that you can be boss of the world. I'd work for you.
Love you love you love you
Kate

No comments: